Nebraska Revised Statute 25-2903
For purposes of the Dispute Resolution Act:
(1) Approved center means a center that has applied for and received approval from the director under section 25-2909;
(2) Center means a nonprofit organization or a court-established program which makes dispute resolution procedures and restorative justice services available;
(3) Council means the Advisory Council on Dispute Resolution;
(4) Director means the Director of the Office of Dispute Resolution;
(5) Dispute resolution process means a process by which the parties involved in a dispute voluntarily agree to enter into informal discussion and negotiation with the assistance of a mediator;
(6) Mediation means the intervention into a dispute by a third party who has no decisionmaking authority and is impartial to the issues being discussed;
(7) Mediator means a person trained in the process of mediation who assists parties in dispute to reach a mutually acceptable resolution of their conflict;
(8) Office means the Office of Dispute Resolution;
(9) Restorative justice facilitator means a person trained to facilitate restorative justice practices as a staff member or affiliate of an approved center; and
(10) Restorative justice means practices, programs, or services described in section 25-2912.01 that emphasize repairing the harm caused to victims and the community by persons who have caused the harm or committed an offense.
- Laws 1991, LB 90, § 3;
- Laws 2019, LB595, § 3.