Nebraska Revised Statute 25-2903
Chapter 25 Section 2903
For purposes of the Dispute Resolution Act:
(1) Approved center shall mean a center that has applied for and received approval from the director under section 25-2909;
(2) Center shall mean a nonprofit organization or a court-established program which makes dispute resolution procedures available;
(3) Council shall mean the Advisory Council on Dispute Resolution;
(4) Director shall mean the Director of the Office of Dispute Resolution;
(5) Dispute resolution process shall mean a process by which the parties involved in a dispute voluntarily agree to enter into informal discussion and negotiation with the assistance of a mediator;
(6) Mediation shall mean the intervention into a dispute by a third party who has no decisionmaking authority and is impartial to the issues being discussed;
(7) Mediator shall mean a person trained in the process of mediation who assists parties in dispute to reach a mutually acceptable resolution of their conflict; and
(8) Office shall mean the Office of Dispute Resolution.
- Laws 1991, LB 90, § 3.