Nebraska Revised Statute 25-2717
Unclaimed funds; payment to State Treasurer; disposition.
If any fees, money, condemnation awards, legacies, devises, sums due creditors, or costs due or belonging to any heir, legatee, or other person or persons have not been paid to or demanded by the person or persons entitled to the funds within three years from the date the funds were paid to the county judge or his or her predecessors in office, it shall be the duty of the county judge to notify the State Treasurer of the fees, money, condemnation awards, legacies, devises, sums due creditors, or costs remaining. When directed by the State Treasurer, the county judge shall remit the fees, money, condemnation awards, legacies, devises, sums due creditors, or costs to the State Treasurer for deposit in the Unclaimed Property Escheat Trust Fund pursuant to section 69-1317. Such payment shall release the bond of the county judge making such payment of all liability for such fees, money, condemnation awards, legacies, devises, sums due creditors, and costs due to heirs, legatees, or other persons paid in compliance with this section.
- Laws 1909, c. 40, § 2, p. 227;
- R.S.1913, § 1243;
- Laws 1921, c. 105, § 1, p. 376;
- C.S.1922, § 1166;
- C.S.1929, § 27-546;
- R.S.1943, § 24-553;
- Laws 1949, c. 49, § 1, p. 157;
- Laws 1967, c. 139, § 4, p. 427;
- R.R.S.1943, § 24-553;
- Laws 1972, LB 1032, § 63;
- Laws 1978, LB 860, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (1985), § 24-563;
- Laws 1992, Third Spec. Sess., LB 26, § 2;
- Laws 2019, LB406, § 2.
- Effective Date: March 13, 2019
- Uniform Disposition of Unclaimed Property Act, see section 69-1329.