Nebraska Revised Statute 24-593
Chapter 24 Section 593
Municipal court employees; transfer to county court; salary and benefits.
(1) Any employee of a municipal court of a city of the primary or metropolitan class, except municipal judges, municipal probation officers, violations bureau staff, constables, and sheriffs, shall, on July 1, 1985, be transferred to the county court of the county where such city is located. The salary and classification of any transferred employee shall be subject to sections 24-513 and 24-514, except that no employee shall incur a loss of income as a result of the transfer and any classification.
(2) The primary- or metropolitan-class city shall transfer all accrued sick leave of such employees transferred pursuant to subsection (1) of this section up to the maximum number of accumulated hours for sick leave allowed by the state and the city shall reimburse the state in an amount equal to twenty-five percent of the value of such accrued sick leave hours based on the straight-time rate of pay for the employee. For any accrued sick leave hours of an employee which are in excess of the amount that can be transferred, the city shall reimburse the employee for twenty-five percent of the value of the sick leave hours based on the straight-time rate of pay for the employee.
(3) The transferred employee may transfer the maximum amount of accrued annual leave earned as an employee of the city allowed by the state. The city shall reimburse the state in an amount equal to one hundred percent of the value of the hours of accrued annual leave transferred. The city shall reimburse the transferred employee in an amount equal to one hundred percent of the hours of any accrued annual leave in excess of the amount which may be transferred based on the employee's straight-time rate of pay at the time of transfer.
(4) Any municipal court employee transferred to the county court shall not lose any accrual rate value for his or her sick leave and vacation leave as a result of such transfer. The employee may use each year's service with the city as credit in qualifying for accrual rates for the state's sick leave and vacation leave programs.
(5) When accrued sick leave and vacation leave for a transferred employee are at a greater rate value than allowed by the state's sick leave and vacation leave plan, the city shall pay to the state on July 1, 1985, an amount equal to the difference between the value of such benefits allowed by the city and by the state, based on, at the time of transfer, twenty-five percent of the employee's straight-time rate of pay for the sick leave and one hundred percent of the employee's straight-time rate of pay for vacation leave. The state may receive reimbursement based on such difference in rate values not later than July 1, 1990.
(6) The transferred employee shall not receive any additional accrual rate value for state benefits until the employee meets the qualifications for the increased accrual rates pursuant to the state's requirements.
(7) The transferred employee shall participate in and be covered by the Nebraska State Insurance Program, sections 84-1601 to 84-1615, on July 1, 1985. The waiting period for medical insurance coverage of transferred employees is specifically waived.
- Laws 1984, LB 13, § 9.