Nebraska Revised Statute 21-2,110
(1) Corporation includes any domestic or foreign predecessor entity of a corporation in a merger.
(2) Director or officer means an individual who is or was a director or officer, respectively, of a corporation or who, while a director or officer of the corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, manager, member of a limited liability company, partner, trustee, employee, or agent of another entity or employee benefit plan. A director or officer is considered to be serving an employee benefit plan at the corporation's request if the individual's duties to the corporation also impose duties on, or otherwise involve services by, the individual to the plan or to participants in or beneficiaries of the plan. Director or officer includes, unless the context requires otherwise, the estate or personal representative of a director or officer.
(3) Liability means the obligation to pay a judgment, settlement, penalty, fine, including an excise tax assessed with respect to an employee benefit plan, or reasonable expenses incurred with respect to a proceeding.
(4) Official capacity means (i) when used with respect to a director, the office of director in a corporation and (ii) when used with respect to an officer, as contemplated in section 21-2,116, the office in a corporation held by the officer. Official capacity does not include service for any other domestic or foreign corporation or any limited liability company, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan, or other entity.
(5) Party means an individual who was, is, or is threatened to be made, a defendant or respondent in a proceeding.
(6) Proceeding means any threatened, pending, or completed action, suit, or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative, arbitrative, or investigative and whether formal or informal.