Nebraska Revised Statute 21-1996
Chapter 21 Section 1996
(1) Corporation includes any domestic or foreign predecessor entity of a corporation in a merger or other transaction in which the predecessor's existence ceased upon consummation of the transaction;
(2) Director means an individual who is or was a director of a corporation or an individual who, while a director of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee, or agent of another foreign or domestic business or nonprofit corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan, or other enterprise. A director is considered to be serving an employee benefit plan at the corporation's request if the director's duties to the corporation also impose duties on, or otherwise involve services by, the director to the plan or to participants in or beneficiaries of the plan. Director includes, unless the context requires otherwise, the estate or personal representative of a director;
(3) Expenses include counsel fees;
(4) Liability means the obligation to pay a judgment, settlement, penalty, fine (including an excise tax assessed with respect to an employee benefit plan), or reasonable expenses actually incurred with respect to a proceeding;
(5) Official capacity means: (i) When used with respect to a director, the office of director in a corporation; and (ii) when used with respect to an individual other than a director, as contemplated in section 21-19,102, the office in a corporation held by the officer or the employment or agency relationship undertaken by the employee or agent on behalf of the corporation. Official capacity does not include service for any other foreign or domestic business or nonprofit corporation or any partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan, or other enterprise;
(6) Party includes an individual who was, is, or is threatened to be made a named defendant or respondent in a proceeding; and
(7) Proceeding means any threatened, pending, or completed action, suit, or proceeding whether civil, criminal, administrative, or investigative and whether formal or informal.
- Laws 1996, LB 681, § 96.