Nebraska Revised Statute 2-4011
Chapter 2 Section 4011
Board; duties and responsibilities.
The duties and responsibilities of the board shall be to implement and carry out the grain sorghum program and to the extent applicable shall include the following:
(1) To develop and direct any grain sorghum development, utilization, and marketing program. Such program may include a program to make grants and enter into contracts for research, accumulation of data, and construction of ethanol production facilities;
(2) To prepare and approve a budget consistent with limited receipts and the scope of the grain sorghum commodity program;
(3) To adopt and promulgate reasonable rules and regulations;
(4) To procure and evaluate data and information necessary for the proper administration and operation of the grain sorghum commodity program;
(5) To employ personnel and contract for services which are necessary for the proper operation of the program;
(6) To establish a means whereby any grower of grain sorghum has the opportunity at least annually to offer his or her ideas and suggestions relative to board policy for the coming year;
(7) To authorize the expenditure of funds and contracting for expenditures to conduct proper activities of the program;
(8) To bond the treasurer and such other persons necessary to insure adequate protection of funds;
(9) To keep minutes of its meetings and other books and records which will clearly reflect all of the acts and transactions of the board and to keep these records open to examination by any grower-participant during normal business hours;
(10) To prohibit any funds collected by the board from being expended directly or indirectly to promote or oppose any candidate for public office or to influence state legislation. The board shall not expend more than twenty-five percent of its annual budget to influence federal legislation; and
(11) To make refunds for overpayments of fees according to rules and regulations which may be adopted and promulgated by the board pursuant to this section.
- Laws 1981, LB 11, § 11;
- Laws 1983, LB 535, § 1;
- Laws 1983, LB 505, § 7;
- Laws 1986, LB 1016, § 4;
- Laws 1986, LB 1230, § 19.