Nebraska Revised Statute 2-3622
Board; duties and responsibilities.
The duties and responsibilities of the board shall be prescribed in the authority for the corn program and to the extent applicable shall include the following:
(1) To develop and direct any corn development, utilization, and marketing program. Such program may include a program to make grants and enter into contracts for research, accumulation of data, and construction of ethanol production facilities;
(2) To prepare and approve a budget consistent with limited receipts and the scope of the corn commodity program;
(3) To adopt and promulgate such rules and regulations as are necessary to enforce the Nebraska Corn Resources Act in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act;
(4) To procure and evaluate data and information necessary for the proper administration and operation of the corn commodity program;
(5) To employ personnel and contract for services which are necessary for the proper operation of the program;
(6) To establish a means whereby any grower of corn has the opportunity at least annually to offer his or her ideas and suggestions relative to board policy for the upcoming year;
(7) To authorize the expenditure of funds and contracting of expenditures to conduct proper activities of the program;
(8) To bond the treasurer and such other persons necessary to insure adequate protection of funds;
(9) To keep minutes of its meetings and other books and records which will clearly reflect all of the acts and transactions of the board, and to keep these records open to examination by any grower-participant during normal business hours;
(10) To prohibit any funds collected by the board from being expended directly or indirectly to promote or oppose any candidate for public office or to influence state legislation. The board shall not expend more than twenty-five percent of its annual budget to influence federal legislation; and
(11) To make refunds for overpayment of fees according to rules and regulations adopted and promulgated by the board.
- Laws 1978, LB 639, § 22;
- Laws 1983, LB 505, § 5;
- Laws 1985, LB 60, § 2;
- Laws 1986, LB 1230, § 18.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.