Nebraska Revised Statute 19-412
Officers; employees; compensation.
(1) The officers and employees of a city under the commission plan of government shall receive such compensation as the mayor and city council shall fix by ordinance.
(2) The salary of any elective officer in a city under the commission plan of government shall not be increased or diminished during the term for which he or she was elected, except that when there are officers elected to a city council, board, or commission having more than one member and the terms of one or more members commence and end at different times, the compensation of all members of such city council, board, or commission may be increased or diminished at the beginning of the full term of any member thereof. No person who has resigned or vacated any office shall be eligible to be elected or appointed to such office during the time for which he or she was elected when, during the same time, the salary has been increased.
(3) The salary or compensation of all other officers or employees of a city under the commission plan of government shall be determined when they are appointed or elected by the city council, board, or commission and shall be payable at such times or for such periods as the city council, board, or commission shall determine.
- Laws 1911, c. 24, § 10, p. 157;
- Laws 1913, c. 21, § 6, p. 90;
- R.S.1913, § 5297;
- Laws 1915, c. 97, § 1, p. 239;
- C.S.1922, § 4520;
- Laws 1923, c. 141, § 6, p. 349;
- C.S.1929, § 19-410;
- Laws 1943, c. 37, § 1, p. 179;
- R.S.1943, § 19-412;
- Laws 1951, c. 21, § 1, p. 105;
- Laws 1979, LB 80, § 44;
- Laws 1992, LB 950, § 1;
- Laws 2019, LB193, § 18.