Nebraska Revised Statute 19-4019
Available funds; uses; enumerated.
Any money available under section 19-4018 may be used for any one or more of the following purposes:
(1) The acquisition, construction, maintenance, and operation of public offstreet parking facilities for the benefit of the business improvement district area;
(2) Improvement of any public place or facility in the business improvement district area, including landscaping, physical improvements for decoration or security purposes, and plantings;
(3) Construction or installation of pedestrian shopping malls or plazas, sidewalks or moving sidewalks, parks, meeting and display facilities, bus stop shelters, lighting, benches or other seating furniture, sculptures, trash receptacles, shelters, fountains, skywalks, and pedestrian and vehicular overpasses and underpasses, and any useful or necessary public improvements in the business improvement district area;
(4) Leasing, acquiring, constructing, reconstructing, extending, maintaining, or repairing parking lots or parking garages, both above and below ground, or other facilities for the parking of vehicles, including the power to install such facilities in public areas, whether such areas are owned in fee or by easement, in the business improvement district area;
(5) Creation and implementation of a plan for improving the general architectural design of public areas in the business improvement district;
(6) The development of any public activities and promotion of public events, including the management and promotion and advocacy of retail trade activities or other promotional activities, in the business improvement district area;
(7) Maintenance, repair, and reconstruction of any improvements or facilities authorized by the Business Improvement District Act;
(8) Any other project or undertaking for the betterment of the public facilities in the business improvement district area, whether the project be capital or noncapital in nature;
(9) Enforcement of parking regulations and the provision of security within the business improvement district area; and
(10) Employing or contracting for personnel, including administrators for any improvement program under the act, and providing for any service as may be necessary or proper to carry out the purposes of the act.
- Laws 1979, LB 251, § 5;
- Laws 1989, LB 194, § 1;
- Laws 2019, LB193, § 213.