Nebraska Revised Statute 19-3318
Chapter 19 Section 3318
Proposed offstreet parking district; petition; contents; signers; requisite number.
The owners of the record title of any real property within a given area in any city of the first or second class representing fifty-five percent of the total taxable valuation of all of the taxable real property within the proposed district to be formed, which district must consist of contiguous lands and lots, may petition the mayor and city council to create a vehicle offstreet parking district by ordinance, which district shall be consecutively numbered, and to acquire property and construct an offstreet parking facility thereon as provided in the Offstreet Parking District Act. For purposes of the act, property separated by streets or alleys shall be deemed to be contiguous.
The petition shall contain:
(1) A general description of the exterior boundaries of the proposed district;
(2) A general statement of the estimated amount of money involved in the acquisition of the land and property and construction of the facility;
(3) A general description of the improvements proposed to be made or constructed; and
(4) A statement that the petition is filed pursuant to this section.
The petition may consist of any number of separate instruments, but a description of the real property represented by each petitioner shall be included either opposite the signature or by separate instrument.
When the petition is filed, the city clerk shall check or cause it to be checked. If it is signed by qualified signers representing the required percentage of the total taxable valuation, the clerk shall make a certificate to that effect and present the petition and certificate to the mayor and city council.
- Laws 1967, c. 60, § 18, p. 206;
- R.S.Supp.,1967, § 16-829;
- Laws 1969, c. 88, § 18, p. 447;
- Laws 1979, LB 187, § 87;
- Laws 1992, LB 719A, § 87.