Nebraska Revised Statute 19-3303
Districts authorized; powers.
In addition to matters specifically set forth in the Offstreet Parking District Act, cities of the primary class, cities of the first class, and cities of the second class are authorized to conduct the following activities:
(1) The formation of offstreet parking districts;
(2) The acquisition of lands, property, and rights-of-way necessary or convenient for use as offstreet parking facilities;
(3) The acquisition of lands, property, and rights-of-way necessary or convenient for the opening, widening, straightening, or extending of streets or alleys necessary or convenient for ingress to and egress from any offstreet parking facility;
(4) The acquisition by condemnation, purchase, or gift of property or any interest therein. Any lands or property necessary or convenient for offstreet parking facilities may be acquired in fee simple by condemnation or otherwise;
(5) The improvement of any acquired lands by the construction thereon of garages or other buildings, including multifloor buildings, or improvements necessary or convenient for offstreet parking facilities including paying from revenue received pursuant to the Offstreet Parking District Act all or a portion of the cost of a covered or uncovered mall to be constructed in a street or alley pursuant to city authority to construct such improvements in connection with paving and street improvements;
(6) The improvement of parking places and any alleys, streets, or ways necessary or convenient for ingress to or egress from offstreet parking facilities;
(7) The issuance, sale, and payment of bonds to pay the cost and expense of any acquisition or improvement authorized by the Offstreet Parking District Act;
(8) The administration, maintenance, operation, and repair of such offstreet parking facilities, including the maintenance of parking meters thereon;
(9) The collection of fees or charges to pay all or any part of the cost of improving, repairing, maintaining, or operating offstreet parking facilities and of acquiring and improving offstreet parking facilities;
(10) The employment of engineers, attorneys, and other persons necessary or convenient for the doing of any acts authorized by the Offstreet Parking District Act; and
(11) The doing of all acts and things necessary or convenient for the accomplishment of the purpose of the Offstreet Parking District Act. The enumeration of specific authority in the Offstreet Parking District Act does not limit in any way the general authority granted by the act.
- Laws 1967, c. 60, § 3, p. 198;
- R.S.Supp.,1967, § 16-814;
- Laws 1969, c. 88, § 3, p. 438;
- Laws 1972, LB 1430, § 1;
- Laws 2019, LB193, § 181.