Nebraska Revised Statute 19-2902
For purposes of the Nebraska Municipal Auditing Law, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Accountant means a duly licensed public accountant or certified public accountant who otherwise is not an employee of or connected in any way with the municipality involved;
(2) Annual audit report means the written report of the accountant and all appended statements and schedules relating thereto presenting or recording the findings of an examination or audit of the financial transactions, affairs, or financial condition of a municipality and its proprietary functions for the fiscal year immediately prior to the making of such annual report;
(3) Fiscal year means the fiscal year for the particular municipality involved or the fiscal year established in section 18-2804 for a proprietary function if different than the municipal fiscal year;
(4) Municipal authority means the city council, the village board of trustees, or any other body or officer having authority to levy taxes, make appropriations, or approve claims for any municipality; and
(5) Municipality means any incorporated city of the first class, city of the second class, or village in this state.
- Laws 1959, c. 69, § 2, p. 296;
- Laws 1993, LB 734, § 29;
- Laws 2019, LB193, § 172.