Nebraska Revised Statute 16-6,107
Chapter 16 Section 6,107
For carrying out the purposes and powers set forth in section 16-6,106, including payment of the cost thereof, the city may:
(1) Borrow money and issue its negotiable general obligation bonds upon such terms and conditions as the mayor and city council may determine, without a vote of the electors;
(2) Levy a tax upon all taxable property in the city to pay such bonds and interest thereon and establish a sinking fund for such payment;
(3) Issue warrants to contractors and others furnishing services or materials or in satisfaction of other obligations created under section 16-6,106, such warrants to be issued in such amounts and on such terms and conditions as the mayor and city council shall determine, which warrants shall be redeemed and paid upon the sale of bonds or receipt of other funds available for such purpose;
(4) Receive gifts, grants, and funds from any source, including, but not limited to, state, federal, or private sources; and
(5) Cooperate and contract with any other government, governmental agency, or political subdivision, whether state or federal, and any person or organization providing funds for the purposes covered by sections 16-6,106 to 16-6,109.
- Laws 1971, LB 57, § 2;
- Laws 2016, LB704, § 169.