Nebraska Revised Statute 14-373.01
Planning board; legislative findings.
The Legislature finds that:
(1) The exercise of zoning, planning, and other concomitant powers by a city of the metropolitan class in the area of extraterritorial zoning jurisdiction described and authorized by state law necessarily affects property outside the corporate boundaries of the city and persons who are not inhabitants of or electors in the city;
(2) The protection of unrepresented persons and property affected by a statutorily created zoning and planning process is a matter of state concern; and
(3) The protection of such unrepresented persons and property would be facilitated by requiring that at least one person residing in the area of extraterritorial zoning jurisdiction and appointed by an elected body of the area of extraterritorial zoning jurisdiction serve as a member of the planning board of the city of the metropolitan class if such planning board exists.
- Laws 1996, LB 575, § 2;
- Laws 2022, LB800, § 84.
- Operative Date: July 21, 2022
- Planning board, organized, see section 14-407.