Nebraska Revised Statute 14-1707
Parking authority; powers and duties.
For the purpose of accomplishing the object and purpose of sections 14-1701 to 14-1725, the authority shall possess all the necessary powers of a public body corporate and governmental subdivision of the State of Nebraska, including the following powers which shall not be construed as a limitation on the general powers herein conferred:
(1) To adopt bylaws for the regulation of its affairs and for the conduct of its business;
(2) To adopt the official seal of the authority and to alter the same at pleasure;
(3) To maintain an office within the county where the authority is located;
(4) To sue and be sued in its own name;
(5) To make and enter into any and all contracts and agreements with any individual, public or private corporation, or agency of this state or the United States, as may be necessary or incidental to the performance of its duties and the execution of its powers under the provisions of sections 14-1701 to 14-1725;
(6) To acquire, lease, and hold such real or personal property or any rights, interest, or easements therein as may be necessary or convenient for the purpose of the authority and to sell, assign, and convey the same;
(7) To (a) employ a general manager, engineers, accountants, attorneys, financial experts, and such other employees and agents as it may deem to be necessary, (b) fix their compensation, and (c) discharge the same;
(8) To borrow money and issue and sell negotiable bonds, notes, or other evidence of indebtedness, to provide for the rights of the holders thereof, and to pledge all or any part of the income of the authority received, as provided in sections 14-1701 to 14-1725, to secure the payment thereof; Provided, the authority shall not have the power to pledge the credit or taxing power of the state or any political subdivision thereof or to place any lien or encumbrance on property owned by the state, county, or city used by the authority;
(9) To receive and accept from the federal government, or any agency thereof, the State of Nebraska, or any subdivision thereof, or from any person or corporation, donations or grants for or in aid of the construction of the parking facilities, and to hold, use, and apply the same for the purpose for which such grants or donations may have been made;
(10) To have and exercise all powers usually granted to the board of directors of corporations which are necessary or convenient to carry out the powers given the authority under the provisions of sections 14-1701 to 14-1725;
(11) The authority shall operate only in the county in which it is located; and
(12) The authority shall have no rights of eminent domain.
- Laws 1955, c. 22, § 7, p. 104.