Nebraska Revised Statute 13-2603
For purposes of the Convention Center Facility Financing Assistance Act:
(1) Associated hotel means any publicly or privately owned facility in which the public may, for a consideration, obtain sleeping accommodations and which is located, in whole or in part, within six hundred yards of an eligible facility, measured from any point of the exterior perimeter of the eligible facility but not from any parking facility or other structure;
(2) Board means a board consisting of the Governor, the State Treasurer, the chairperson of the Nebraska Investment Council, the chairperson of the Nebraska State Board of Public Accountancy, and a professor of economics on the faculty of a state postsecondary educational institution appointed to a two-year term on the board by the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education. For administrative and budget purposes only, the board shall be considered part of the Department of Revenue;
(3) Bond means a general obligation bond, redevelopment bond, lease-purchase bond, revenue bond, or combination of any such bonds;
(4) Convention and meeting center facility means a temperature-controlled building and personal property primarily used as a convention and meeting center, including an auditorium, an exhibition hall, a facility for onsite food preparation and serving, an onsite, directly connected parking facility for the use of the convention and meeting center facility, and an onsite administrative office of the convention and meeting center facility;
(5)(a) Eligible facility means any publicly owned convention and meeting center facility approved for state assistance on or before June 1, 2007, any publicly owned sports arena facility attached to such convention and meeting center facility, or any publicly or privately owned convention and meeting center facility or publicly or privately owned sports arena facility acquired, constructed, improved, or equipped after June 1, 2007; and
(b) Beginning with applications for financial assistance received on or after February 1, 2008, eligible facility does not include any publicly or privately owned sports arena facility with a seating capacity greater than sixteen thousand seats;
(6) General obligation bond means any bond or refunding bond issued by a political subdivision and which is payable from the proceeds of an ad valorem tax;
(7) Political subdivision means any local governmental body formed and organized under state law and any joint entity or joint public agency created under state law to act on behalf of political subdivisions which has statutory authority to issue general obligation bonds;
(8) Revenue bond means any bond or refunding bond issued by a political subdivision which is limited or special rather than a general obligation bond of the political subdivision and which is not payable from the proceeds of an ad valorem tax; and
(9) Sports arena facility means any enclosed temperature-controlled building primarily used for competitive sports, including arenas, dressing and locker facilities, concession areas, parking facilities, and onsite administrative offices connected with operating the facilities.
- Limitation on applications, see section 13-2612.