Sen. John McCollister
P.O. Box 94604
Lincoln, NE 68509
- Banking, Commerce and Insurance
- Government, Military and Veterans Affairs
- Executive Board
- Legislative Performance Audit
- Streamlined Sales and Use Tax System
- Statewide Tourism And Recreational Water Access and Resource Sustainability (LB406)
Elected to Nebraska Legislature: 2014; re-elected 2018
Born April 29, 1947, in Moline, Ill.
Education: Graduate of Westside High School; University of Nebraska-Lincoln (B.S. in business administration), 1971.
Family: Married Deborah Way, April 17, 1971; three children: Lauren, Daniel and Jeffrey.
Occupation: Principal, McCollister & Company
Former: Executive director, Platte Institute for Economic Research and president, McCollister & Company.
Member: board, Mid-America Council, Boy Scouts of America; UNL College of Business Administration Advisory Board; board, One World Community Health Center.
Former member: board of directors, Metropolitan Utilities District (1979-2008).
Honors and awards: The Wind Coalition’s Nebraska Wind Energy Champion; 2018 Legislator of the Year, Nebraska League of Conservation Voters.