Nebraska Revised Statute 69-2105
Disclosures; how made; rules and regulations; agreement; contents.
(1) In a consumer rental purchase agreement involving more than one consumer, a lessor need disclose the items required by the Consumer Rental Purchase Agreement Act to only one of the consumers who is primarily obligated. In a consumer rental purchase agreement involving more than one lessor, only one lessor need make the required disclosures.
(2) The disclosures required under the act shall be made at or before consummation of the consumer rental purchase agreement.
(3) The disclosures shall be made using words and phrases of common meaning in a form that the consumer may keep. For purposes of satisfying the disclosure requirements of the act, the terms lease and rent shall be considered synonymous. The required disclosures shall be set forth clearly and conspicuously. The disclosures shall be placed all together on the front side of the consumer rental purchase agreement or on a separate form. The form setting forth the required disclosures shall contain spaces for the consumer's signature and the date appearing immediately below the disclosures. If the disclosures are made on more than one page, each page shall be signed by the consumer. The requirements of this section shall not have been complied with unless the consumer signs the statement and receives at the time the disclosures are made a legible copy of the signed statement. The inclusion in the required disclosures of a statement that the consumer received a legible copy of those disclosures shall create a rebuttable presumption of receipt.
(4) Information required to be disclosed may be given in the form of estimates. Estimates shall be identified as such.
(5) If a disclosure becomes inaccurate as the result of any act, occurrence, or agreement after delivery of the required disclosures, the resulting inaccuracy shall not be a violation of the act.
(6) Information in addition to that required by section 69-2104 may be disclosed if the additional information is not stated, utilized, or placed in a manner which will contradict, obscure, or detract attention from the required information.
(7) The department shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations establishing requirements for the order, acknowledgment by initialing, and conspicuous placement of the disclosures set forth in section 69-2104. Such rules and regulations may allow the disclosures to be made in accordance with model forms prepared by the department.
(8) The terms of the consumer rental purchase agreement, except as otherwise provided in the Consumer Rental Purchase Agreement Act, shall be set forth in not less than eight-point standard type or such similar type as prescribed in rules and regulations adopted and promulgated by the department.
(9) Every consumer rental purchase agreement shall contain, immediately above or adjacent to the place for the signature of the consumer, a clear, conspicuous, printed or typewritten notice, in boldface, ten-point type, in substantially the following language:
NOTICE TO CONSUMER — READ BEFORE SIGNING
a. DO NOT SIGN THIS BEFORE YOU READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY WRITING ON THE REVERSE SIDE, EVEN IF OTHERWISE ADVISED.
b. DO NOT SIGN THIS IF IT CONTAINS ANY BLANK SPACES.
c. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AN EXACT COPY OF ANY AGREEMENT YOU SIGN.
- Laws 1989, LB 681, § 5;
- Laws 2001, LB 641, § 3.