Nebraska Revised Statute 9-814
Chapter 9 Section 814
Prohibited acts; violations; penalties.
(1) It shall be a Class II misdemeanor for a lottery game retailer to fail to separate and keep separate all money received from the sale of lottery tickets less the amount, if any, retained as compensation for the sale of lottery tickets and less the amount, if any, paid in prizes or to fail to make available to the division all records pertaining to separate accounts maintained for revenue derived from the sale of lottery tickets.
(2) It shall be a Class II misdemeanor for any lottery game retailer or his or her employee to knowingly sell a lottery ticket to any person under nineteen years of age.
(3) It shall be a Class IV misdemeanor for a person under nineteen years of age to knowingly purchase a lottery ticket under the State Lottery Act.
(4) It shall be a Class I misdemeanor for any person to sell lottery tickets without holding a valid contract with the division to sell such tickets.
(5) It shall be a Class I misdemeanor for a lottery game retailer to sell lottery tickets at any price other than that established by the division.
(6) It shall be a Class I misdemeanor to release any information obtained through a background investigation performed by the division without the prior written consent of the subject of the investigation except as provided in subdivision (3)(d) of section 9-808.
(7) It shall be a Class III felony to alter or attempt to alter a lottery ticket for the purpose of defrauding a lottery game conducted pursuant to the State Lottery Act.
(8) It shall be a Class IV felony to falsify information provided to the division for purposes of applying for a contract with the division or for purposes of completing a background investigation pursuant to the act.
- Laws 1991, LB 849, § 14;
- Laws 1993, LB 138, § 35;
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 120.