Nebraska Revised Statute 9-806
Chapter 9 Section 806
In construing the State Lottery Act, it is the intent of the Legislature that the following policies be implemented:
(1) The lottery games shall be operated by the division;
(2) The lottery games shall be operated as a self-sufficient, revenue-raising operation after money generated from the conduct of the lottery is used to repay the initial appropriation plus interest;
(3) All contracts entered into by the division for the provision of goods and services shall be subject to the act and shall be exempt from any other state law concerning the purchase of goods or services;
(4) Preference for contracts shall be given to bidders and applicants based in Nebraska if the costs and benefits are equal or superior to those available from competing persons. All major procurements of goods or services essential to the operation of a lottery shall require that the person awarded the contract establish a permanent office in this state;
(5) Every entity submitting a bid, proposal, or offer to the division shall disclose all information required by the Tax Commissioner; and
(6) Every entity submitting a bid, proposal, or offer to the division shall be required to meet such other requirements as established by the Tax Commissioner, including the posting of a bond.
- Laws 1991, LB 849, § 6;
- Laws 1993, LB 138, § 22.