Nebraska Revised Statute 9-630
Conduct of lottery; license required; application; contents; enumerated; duty to keep current.
(1) No county, city, village, or lottery operator shall conduct a lottery without having first been issued a license by the department. An applicant for such license shall apply on a form prescribed by the department.
(2) Each application by any county, city, or village shall include:
(a) The name and address of the applicant;
(b) A certified copy of the election results at which the lottery was approved by a majority of the registered voters of the county, city, or village in the manner prescribed in section 9-625;
(c) Any approval by ordinance or resolution approved by a governing board of a county, city, or village sanctioning the conduct of a lottery;
(d) The names, addresses, and dates of birth of each person employed by the county, city, or village to conduct the lottery;
(e) The name and address of at least one person employed by the county, city, or village who shall represent the county, city, or village in all matters with the department regarding the conduct of the lottery;
(f) A written statement describing the type of lottery to be conducted by the county, city, or village;
(g) If the county, city, or village enters into a written agreement with a lottery operator, a copy of the proposed contract or written agreement between the county, city, or village and the chosen lottery operator; and
(h) Any other information which the department deems necessary.
(3) Each application by any lottery operator shall include:
(a) The name, address, social security number, and date of birth of every individual who is the lottery operator, the sole proprietor, a partner, a member, or a corporate officer of the lottery operator, or a person or entity holding in the aggregate ten percent or more of the debt or equity of the lottery operator if a corporation;
(b) The name and state identification number of the county, city, or village on whose behalf a lottery will be conducted;
(c) A statement signed by an authorized representative of the county, city, or village signifying that such county, city, or village approves the applicant to act as a lottery operator on behalf of such county, city, or village; and
(d) Any other information which the department deems necessary.
A separate license shall be obtained by a lottery operator for each county, city, or village on whose behalf a lottery will be conducted.
(4) The information required by this section shall be kept current. A county, city, village, or lottery operator shall notify the department within thirty days of any changes in the information originally submitted in the application form.
(5) The department may prescribe a separate application form for renewal purposes.
- Laws 1989, LB 767, § 70;
- Laws 1991, LB 427, § 58;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 116;
- Laws 1993, LB 563, § 8;
- Laws 1997, LB 248, § 29.