Nebraska Revised Statute 9-629
Chapter 9 Section 629
Gross proceeds; use; audit and legal expenses, defined.
(1) The gross proceeds of any lottery conducted by a county, city, or village shall be used solely for community betterment purposes, awarding of prizes, taxes, and expenses.
(2) Not less than sixty-five percent of the gross proceeds shall be used for the awarding of prizes, except that for purposes of conducting a lottery authorized by subdivision (1)(c)(ii) of section 9-607, not less than sixty-five percent of the gross proceeds during an annual period from July 1 to June 30 of each year shall be used for the awarding of prizes.
(3) Not more than fourteen percent of the gross proceeds shall be used to pay the expenses of operating the lottery, except that license fees paid to the department and audit or legal expenses incurred by the county, city, or village which relate directly to the conduct of operating such lottery need not be included in determining the fourteen-percent limitation on expenses.
(4) For purposes of this section, audit and legal expenses shall include all expenses relating to: (a) The governmental organization of the lottery; (b) government maintenance, monitoring, and examination of lottery records; and (c) enforcement, regulatory, administrative, investigative, and litigation functions undertaken by government, but shall not include the expenses of the actual conduct of the game. Audit and legal expenses during an annual period from July 1 to June 30 of each year in excess of one percent of gross proceeds or five thousand dollars, whichever is greater, shall be subject to the fourteen-percent limitation on expenses under subsection (3) of this section. In the case of a joint lottery conducted pursuant to an interlocal agreement as provided for in section 9-625, the combined gross proceeds of the joint lottery shall be used to determine that portion of audit and legal expenses that are not subject to the fourteen-percent limitation on expenses.
- Laws 1983, LB 259, § 41;
- R.S.1943, (1985), § 28-1116.01;
- Laws 1986, LB 1027, § 180;
- R.S.1943, (1987), § 9-609;
- Laws 1989, LB 767, § 69;
- Laws 1991, LB 795, § 8;
- Laws 1991, LB 849, § 58;
- Laws 1993, LB 138, § 16;
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 109;
- Laws 1995, LB 344, § 32.