Nebraska Revised Statute 9-349
Chapter 9 Section 349
Lottery by the sale of pickle cards; reports.
(1) A licensed organization conducting a lottery by the sale of pickle cards shall report annually to the department, on a form prescribed by the department, a complete and accurate accounting of its gross proceeds from the lottery by the sale of pickle cards. The annual report shall demonstrate that the organization's definite profit from pickle card sales has been retained in the organization's pickle card checking account or expended solely for allowable expenses, unit costs, any pickle card operator commissions, lawful purpose donations, any license fees paid to the department to license the organization, each utilization-of-funds member, and any sales agent, coin-operated or currency-operated pickle card dispensing device registration fees, or any bingo expenses allocated to the sale of pickle cards as provided for in section 9-347.
(2) The annual report shall cover the organization's lottery by the sale of pickle cards activities from July 1 through June 30 of each year or such other period as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation. Such report shall be submitted to the department on or before August 15 of each year or such other date as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation.
(3) A copy of the report shall be submitted to the organization's membership.
(4) Upon dissolution of a licensed organization or if a previously licensed organization does not renew its license to conduct a lottery by the sale of pickle cards, its license renewal application is denied, or its license is canceled or revoked, all remaining profits derived from the conduct of the lottery by the sale of pickle cards shall be utilized for a lawful purpose and shall not be distributed to any private individual or shareholder. A complete and accurate report of the organization's pickle card activity shall be filed with the department, on a form prescribed by the department, no later than forty-five days after the date the organization is dissolved or no later than forty-five days after the expiration date of the license or the effective date of the license renewal application denial or license cancellation or revocation. The report shall cover the period from the end of the organization's most recent annual report filed through the date the organization is dissolved or the date the license renewal application has been denied or the license has been canceled or revoked or has otherwise expired. The organization shall include with the report a plan for the disbursement of any remaining profits which shall be subject to approval by the department. Such plan shall identify the specific purposes for which the remaining profits will be utilized.
(5) In addition to the reports required by subsections (1) and (4) of this section, the department may prescribe by rule and regulation the filing of a pickle card revenue status report by August 15 of each year or such other date as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation, on a form prescribed by the department, listing all disbursements of pickle card revenue until all such revenue has been expended either for allowable expenses or for a lawful purpose.
- Laws 1983, LB 259, § 47;
- Laws 1984, LB 949, § 53;
- R.S.Supp.,1984, § 9-182;
- Laws 1986, LB 1027, § 115;
- Laws 1988, LB 1232, § 48;
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 92;
- Laws 1995, LB 344, § 21;
- Laws 2002, LB 545, § 36.