Nebraska Revised Statute 9-340
Pickle card or pickle card unit; restrictions; costs of examination.
(1) No manufacturer shall sell or otherwise provide any pickle cards or pickle card units to any person in Nebraska except a licensed distributor or a federally recognized Indian tribe for use in a Class II gaming activity authorized by the federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act. No distributor licensed in Nebraska shall purchase or otherwise obtain any pickle cards or pickle card units except from manufacturers licensed in Nebraska.
(2) No distributor shall sell or otherwise provide any pickle card units except to an organization licensed to conduct a lottery by the sale of pickle cards pursuant to the Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act or to a federally recognized Indian tribe for use in a Class II gaming activity authorized by the federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act. No pickle cards shall be sold by a distributor except in the form of pickle card units. No distributor shall market or sell any pickle card unit for use in this state:
(a) Which has not been approved and authorized by the department;
(b) Which has a card or play count in excess of six thousand per pickle card unit;
(c) Which offers less than sixty-five percent or more than eighty percent of the gross proceeds to be paid out in prizes;
(d) Which contains any pickle card or punch on a punchboard, the individual purchase price of which exceeds one dollar;
(e) In which any individual pickle card awards a prize or prizes in excess of one thousand dollars;
(f) Which may be used for any gift enterprise as defined in section 9-701;
(g) Unless and until a stamp obtained from the department containing an identifying number has been permanently and conspicuously affixed upon the flare card supplied by the manufacturer for identification purposes. Once placed, such stamp shall not be removed or tampered with by any person. The state identification stamp shall be placed on each punchboard such that the complete number, together with the symbol appearing thereon, is plainly visible. State identification stamps shall be obtained only from the department and only by a licensed distributor for ten cents each. Such stamps shall be placed by the licensed distributor only on items sold or furnished to licensed organizations in this state. Such stamps shall not be transferred or furnished to any other person unless already placed upon a punchboard or pickle card unit; or
(h) Without the information required in section 9-346.
(3) The department may require a manufacturer seeking approval of any pickle card unit to pay the actual costs incurred by the department in examining the unit. If required, the anticipated costs shall be paid in advance by the manufacturer. After completion of the examination, the department shall refund overpayments or charge and collect amounts sufficient to reimburse the department for underpayment of actual costs.
- Laws 1983, LB 259, § 51;
- Laws 1984, LB 949, § 57;
- Laws 1985, LB 408, § 35;
- R.S.Supp.,1985, § 9-186;
- Laws 1986, LB 1027, § 106;
- Laws 1988, LB 1232, § 36;
- Laws 1989, LB 767, § 38;
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 84;
- Laws 1995, LB 762, § 1.