Nebraska Revised Statute 9-262.01
Tax Commissioner; power to seize contraband; effect.
(1) The Tax Commissioner or his or her agents or employees, at the direction of the Tax Commissioner, or any peace officer of this state may seize, without a warrant, the following contraband goods found any place in this state:
(a) Any bingo supplies and equipment which do not conform in all respects to specifications imposed by the Nebraska Bingo Act or any rules or regulations adopted and promulgated pursuant to the act;
(b) Any bingo equipment purchased by any licensed organization from any source other than a licensed distributor or as provided in section 9-241.05; and
(c) Any bingo equipment furnished, sold, or rented for use in a bingo occasion subject to regulation under the act without the proper licenses or approval.
(2) The Tax Commissioner may, upon satisfactory proof, direct return of any confiscated bingo supplies and equipment when he or she has reason to believe that the owner has not willfully or intentionally failed to comply with the act.
(3) The Tax Commissioner may, upon finding that an owner of contraband goods has willfully or intentionally failed to comply with the act, confiscate such goods. Any bingo supplies and equipment confiscated may be destroyed.
(4) The seizure and destruction of bingo supplies and equipment shall not relieve any person from a fine, imprisonment, or other penalty for violation of the act.
(5) The Tax Commissioner or his or her agents or employees, when directed to do so by the Tax Commissioner, or any peace officer of this state shall not be responsible for negligence in any court for the seizure or confiscation of any bingo supplies and equipment pursuant to this section.
- Laws 1989, LB 767, § 25;
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 59.