Nebraska Revised Statute 9-255.05
Chapter 9 Section 255.05
Licensed organization; reports required.
(1) A licensed organization shall report annually to the department, on a form prescribed by the department, a complete and accurate accounting of its gross receipts. The annual report shall demonstrate that the gross receipts less cash prizes paid have been retained in the organization's bingo checking account or expended solely for authorized expenses pursuant to section 9-255.04 or lawful purpose donations.
(2) The annual report shall cover the organization's bingo activities from July 1 through June 30 of each year or such other period as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation. Such report shall be submitted to the department by August 15 of each year or such other date as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation.
(3) A copy of the report shall be submitted to the organization's membership.
(4) Upon dissolution of a licensed organization or if a previously licensed organization does not renew its license to conduct bingo, its license renewal application is denied, or its license is canceled or revoked, all remaining profits derived from the conduct of bingo shall be utilized for a lawful purpose and shall not be distributed to any private individual or shareholder. A complete and accurate report of the organization's bingo activity shall be filed with the department, on a form prescribed by the department, no later than forty-five days after the date the organization is dissolved or no later than forty-five days after the expiration date of the license or the effective date of the license renewal application denial or license cancellation or revocation. The report shall cover the period from the end of the organization's most recent annual report filed through the date the organization is dissolved or the date the license renewal application has been denied or the license has been canceled or revoked or has otherwise expired. The organization shall include with the report a plan for the disbursement of any remaining profits which shall be subject to approval by the department. Such plan shall identify the specific purposes for which the remaining profits will be utilized.
(5) In addition to the reports required by subsections (1) and (4) of this section, the department may prescribe by rule and regulation the filing of a bingo revenue status report by August 15 of each year or such other date as the department may prescribe by rule and regulation, on a form prescribed by the department, listing all disbursements of bingo revenue until all such revenue has been expended either for allowable expenses or for a lawful purpose.
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 53;
- Laws 2002, LB 545, § 18.