Nebraska Revised Statute 86-608
Dispatches; duties; violation; penalty.
(1) Any telegraph company, and press association or organization engaged in the transmission, collection, distribution, or publication of dispatches, shall afford the same and equal facilities to all publishers of newspapers and shall furnish the dispatches collected by them for publication in any given locality to all newspapers published in such locality on the same conditions as to payment and delivery.
(2) A violation of this section is a Class II misdemeanor. In addition, such telegraph company or press association or organization and its members shall be jointly and severally liable for all damages sustained by the owner of any newspaper as a result of such discrimination.
- Laws 1883, c. 80, § 9, p. 324;
- R.S.1913, § 7403;
- C.S.1922, § 7078;
- C.S.1929, § 86-109;
- R.S.1943, § 86-109;
- R.S.1943, (1999), § 86-109;
- Laws 2002, LB 1105, § 370.