Nebraska Revised Statute 85-1802
(1) Administrative fund means the College Savings Plan Administrative Fund created in section 85-1807;
(2) Beneficiary means the individual designated by a participation agreement to benefit from advance payments of qualified higher education expenses on behalf of the beneficiary;
(3) Benefits means the payment of qualified higher education expenses on behalf of a beneficiary by the Nebraska educational savings plan trust during the beneficiary's attendance at an eligible educational institution;
(4) Eligible educational institution means an institution described in 20 U.S.C. 1088 which is eligible to participate in a program under Title IV of the federal Higher Education Act of 1965;
(5) Expense fund means the College Savings Plan Expense Fund created in section 85-1807;
(6) Nebraska educational savings plan trust means the trust created in section 85-1804;
(7) Nonqualified withdrawal refers to (a) a distribution from an account to the extent it is not used to pay the qualified higher education expenses of the beneficiary or (b) a qualified rollover permitted by section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code where the funds are transferred to a qualified tuition program sponsored by another state or entity;
(8) Participant or account owner means an individual, an individual's legal representative, or any other legal entity authorized to establish a savings account under section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code who has entered into a participation agreement for the advance payment of qualified higher education expenses on behalf of a beneficiary. For purposes of section 77-2716, as to contributions by a custodian to a custodial account established pursuant to the Nebraska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act or similar law in another state, which account has been established under a participation agreement, participant includes the parent or guardian of a minor, which parent or guardian is also the custodian of the account;
(10) Program fund means the College Savings Plan Program Fund created in section 85-1807;
(11) Qualified higher education expenses means the certified costs of tuition and fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for enrollment or attendance at an eligible educational institution. Reasonable room and board expenses, based on the minimum amount applicable for the eligible educational institution during the period of enrollment, shall be included as qualified higher education expenses for those students enrolled on at least a half-time basis. In the case of a special needs beneficiary, expenses for special needs services incurred in connection with enrollment or attendance at an eligible educational institution shall be included as qualified higher education expenses. Expenses paid or incurred in 2009 or 2010 for the purchase of computer technology or equipment or Internet access and related services, subject to the limitations set forth in section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code, shall be included as qualified higher education expenses. Qualified higher education expenses does not include any amounts in excess of those allowed by section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code;
(12) Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code means such section of the code and the regulations interpreting such section; and
(13) Tuition and fees means the quarter or semester charges imposed to attend an eligible educational institution.
- Nebraska Uniform Transfers to Minors Act, see section 43-2701.