Nebraska Revised Statute 85-1602
It is the purpose of the Private Postsecondary Career School Act to provide for the protection, education, and welfare of the citizens of the State of Nebraska, its private postsecondary career schools, and its students by:
(1) Establishing minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical and business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility in order to protect against substandard, transient, unethical, deceptive, or fraudulent schools and practices;
(2) Prohibiting the granting of false educational credentials;
(3) Prohibiting misleading literature, advertising, solicitation, or representation by schools or their agents;
(4) Providing for the preservation of essential records; and
(5) Providing certain rights and remedies to the consuming public and the board necessary to effectuate the purposes of the act.
- Laws 1977, LB 486, § 2;
- Laws 1990, LB 488, § 2;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-2802;
- Laws 1995, LB 4, § 2.