Nebraska Revised Statute 85-1535
Facilities for applied technology educational programs; contracts authorized; costs.
(1) A board of a community college area with a population of less than one hundred thousand according to the last federal decennial census and a campus located on a former military base may enter into contracts with any person, firm, or corporation providing for the implementation of any project for the constructing and improving of facilities to house applied technology educational programs necessary to carry out sections 85-1501 to 85-1540 and providing for the long-term payment of the cost of such project.
(2) In no case shall any such contract run for a period longer than twenty years or shall the aggregate of existing contracts exceed four million five hundred thousand dollars for each area exclusive of administrative costs, credit enhancement costs, financing costs, capitalized interest, and reserves dedicated to secure payment of contracts.
(3) No contract shall be entered into pursuant to this section without prior approval by a resolution of the board and the approval of the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education.
(4) The long-term payment of the cost of such project shall be paid from revenue to be raised pursuant to (a) subdivision (1)(b) of section 85-1517 for fiscal years prior to fiscal year 2013-14 and (b) subdivision (2)(b) of section 85-1517 for fiscal year 2013-14 and each fiscal year thereafter. Any board entering into such contract for the construction and improvement of facilities from revenue to be raised pursuant to such subdivisions shall make annual appropriations for amounts sufficient to pay annual obligations under such contract for the duration of such contract.
(5) The board may also convey or lease and lease back all or any part of the project and the land on which such project is situated to such person, firm, or corporation as the board may contract with pursuant to this section to facilitate the long-term payment of the cost of such project. Any such conveyance or lease shall provide that when the cost of such project has been paid, together with interest and other costs thereon, such project and the land on which such project is located shall become the property of the community college area.