Nebraska Revised Statute 84-929
Negotiated rulemaking committee; powers and duties; consensus; procedure; report; contents.
(1) A negotiated rulemaking committee shall consider the matter proposed by the agency for consideration and shall attempt to reach consensus concerning a proposed rule and any other matter the committee determines is relevant to the proposed rule.
(2) The person representing the agency on a negotiated rulemaking committee shall participate in the deliberations of the committee with the same rights and responsibilities of other members of the committee and shall be authorized to fully represent the agency in the discussions and negotiations of the committee.
(3) A negotiated rulemaking committee may adopt procedures or ground rules for the operation of the committee.
(4) If a negotiated rulemaking committee achieves consensus on a proposed rule at the conclusion of the negotiations, the committee shall transmit to the agency that established the committee a report containing the proposed rule.
(5) If a negotiated rulemaking committee does not reach a consensus on the proposed rule, the committee shall transmit to the agency a report specifying areas in which the committee reached consensus and the issues that remain unresolved. The committee may include in the report any other information, recommendations, or materials that the committee considers appropriate. Any member of the committee may include as an addendum to the report additional information, recommendations, or materials.
- Laws 1994, LB 446, § 9.