Nebraska Revised Statute 84-923
Chapter 84 Section 923
For purposes of the Negotiated Rulemaking Act:
(1) Agency shall have the same meaning as in section 84-901;
(2) Consensus shall mean unanimous concurrence among the interests represented on a negotiated rulemaking committee unless the committee agrees upon another specified definition;
(3) Convenor shall mean a person who impartially assists an agency in determining whether establishment of a negotiated rulemaking committee is feasible and appropriate for a particular rulemaking procedure;
(4) Facilitator shall mean a person who impartially aids in the discussions and negotiations among the members of a negotiated rulemaking committee to develop a proposed rule. A facilitator shall not have decisionmaking authority;
(5) Interest shall mean, with respect to an issue or matter, multiple parties that have a similar point of view or that are likely to be affected in a similar manner;
(6) Negotiated rulemaking shall mean rulemaking through the use of a negotiated rulemaking committee;
(7) Negotiated rulemaking committee or committee shall mean an advisory committee established to consider and discuss issues for the purpose of reaching a consensus in the development of a proposed rule;
(8) Person shall mean an individual, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, governmental subdivision, agency, or public or private organization of any character; and
(9) Rule shall mean rule or regulation as defined in section 84-901.
- Laws 1994, LB 446, § 3.