Nebraska Revised Statute 84-1503.04
Chapter 84 Section 1503.04
Internal auditor; duties and responsibilities.
The duties and responsibilities of the internal auditor employed by the Public Employees Retirement Board shall be consistent with the suggested standards for the professional practice of internal auditing as adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors and include the following:
(1) Prepare a formal written three-year audit plan and work schedule each year and present them to the board;
(2) Conduct ongoing reviews of the internal procedures of the Nebraska Public Employees Retirement Systems and recommend improvements to the board;
(3) Ensure that the Nebraska Public Employees Retirement Systems' internal accounting and operational controls are appropriate and operating correctly and report inconsistencies to the board;
(4) Examine and evaluate system records and operating procedures; verify compliance with established plans, policies, procedures, and control systems; assure compliance with regulatory and statutory conditions; and assure adherence to generally accepted accounting and auditing principles and report inconsistencies to the board;
(5) Perform internal auditing functions, including review of contributions received and creditable service granted; review benefit payments for completeness of information, appropriateness, accuracy, and timeliness; verify accuracy of data and financial information reported to the systems' actuary for all applicable plans; and verify accuracy of data and financial information reported to the systems' record keeper for all applicable plans; and
(6) Develop standards to be used by independent auditors in their review of the practices and procedures used by various employers to provide for employee participation in the respective retirement systems included in subdivision (1)(a) of section 84-1503.