Nebraska Revised Statute 83-227.02
Inmates; transfer; care; cost; exception.
(1) The Department of Health and Human Services is authorized to use space which is temporarily surplus to the needs of any institution under its control, except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, for the care, custody, and treatment of the inmates of any other such institution when space at such latter institution is inadequate and the facilities of the institution to which transfer is made are suitable to the needs of the inmate. Inmates so transferred shall receive the same care, custody, and treatment as they would have received had they not been transferred. If the cost of the care, custody, and treatment of such inmate is recoverable by the institution from which the transfer was made, it shall be recovered in the manner provided in sections 83-363 to 83-380.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section shall not be construed to permit the transfer of inmates to or from any Department of Correctional Services facility unless expressly authorized by law.
- Laws 1965, c. 559, § 1, p. 1843;
- Laws 1969, c. 812, § 20, p. 3056;
- Laws 1993, LB 31, § 33;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 939.