Nebraska Revised Statute 83-1217.01
Employees; criminal history record information check; fingerprints; Nebraska State Patrol; duties.
(1) Each employee of state-operated services and facilities providing developmental disabilities services shall be subject to the criminal history record information check requirements of subdivision (9) of section 83-1217 and shall file a complete set of his or her legible fingerprints with the department. The department shall transmit such fingerprints to the Nebraska State Patrol which shall transmit a copy of the applicant's fingerprints to the Identification Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history record information check.
(2) The national criminal history record information check shall include information concerning the employee from federal repositories of such information and repositories of such information in other states if authorized by federal law for use by the department.
(3) The Nebraska State Patrol shall undertake a search for Nebraska criminal history record information concerning the employee. The Nebraska State Patrol shall issue a report to the department which contains the results of the criminal history record information check conducted by the Nebraska State Patrol.
(4) Criminal history record information subject to federal confidentiality requirements shall remain confidential and may be released only upon the written authorization of the employee.
(5) The department, in cooperation with the Nebraska State Patrol, shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out this section.
- Laws 1997, LB 852, § 3;
- Laws 2014, LB728, § 1.