Nebraska Revised Statute 81-8,208
Disciplinary actions authorized; civil penalties.
(1) The board, after hearing and upon proof satisfactory to the board, may determine by a two-thirds majority vote that any person has violated the Professional Landscape Architects Act or any rule or regulation under the act.
(2) Upon a finding that a person has committed a violation, one or more of the following actions may be taken against such person upon a two-thirds majority vote of the board:
(a) Issuance of a censure or reprimand;
(b) Suspension of judgment;
(c) Placement of the offender on probation;
(d) Placement of a limitation or limitations on a licensee and upon the privilege of a licensee to engage in the practice of landscape architecture to the extent, scope, or type of landscape architecture practice for such time and under such conditions as are found necessary and proper;
(e) Imposition of a civil penalty not to exceed ten thousand dollars for each offense. The amount of the penalty shall be based on the severity of the violation;
(f) Entrance of an order of revocation, suspension, or cancellation of the certificate of licensure;
(g) Issuance of a cease and desist order;
(h) Imposition of costs as in an ordinary civil action in the district court, which may include reasonable attorney's fees and hearing officer fees incurred by the board and the expenses of any investigation undertaken by the board; or
(i) Dismissal of the action.
(3) The board may take into account suitable evidence of reform when determining appropriate action.
(4) Civil penalties collected under subdivision (2)(e) of this section shall be remitted to the State Treasurer for distribution in accordance with Article VII, section 5, of the Constitution of Nebraska. All costs collected under subdivision (2)(h) of this section shall be remitted to the State Treasurer for credit to the State Board of Landscape Architects Cash Fund.
- Laws 2020, LB30, § 17.
- Effective Date: November 14, 2020