Nebraska Revised Statute 81-664
(1) Aggregate data means data contained in the medical record and health information registries maintained by the department which is compiled in a statistical format and which does not include patient-identifying data;
(2) Approved researcher means an individual or entity which is approved by the department pursuant to section 81-666 to obtain access to data contained in the medical record and health information registries maintained by the department to assist in the scientific or medical research for the prevention, cure, or control of a disease or injury process;
(3) Case-specific data means data contained in the medical record and health information registries concerning a specific individual other than patient-identifying data;
(4) Department means the Department of Health and Human Services;
(5) Medical record and health information registry means the system of reporting certain medical conditions occurring in this state, as prescribed by law, which are reported and recorded in order to achieve the goals of prevention, cure, and control through research and education, and includes the birth defects registry established in section 71-646, the cancer registry established in sections 81-642 to 81-650, the brain injury registry established in the Brain Injury Registry Act, the Parkinson's Disease Registry established in the Parkinson's Disease Registry Act, and the statewide stroke data registry established in the Stroke System of Care Act;
(6) Patient-identifying data means the patient's name, address, record number, symbol, or other identifying particular assigned to or related to an individual patient; and
(7) Research means study specific to the diseases or injuries for which access to data is requested and which is dedicated to the prevention, cure, or control of the diseases or injuries.