Nebraska Revised Statute 81-651
Chapter 81 Section 651
Services authorized; powers.
(1) The Department of Health and Human Services may provide visiting community nursing services or home health services to persons living in the state and may charge fees for such services. The department shall not be exempt from licensure as a home health agency under the Health Care Facility Licensure Act.
(2) The department may organize, license, and operate home health agencies to assist in providing services under subsection (1) of this section.
(3) The department (a) may employ necessary personnel, including, but not limited to, licensed nurses, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, audiologists, speech-language pathologists, audiology or speech-language pathology assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, home health aides, homemakers, respiratory care practitioners, nutritionists, social workers, and supervisory personnel, and may purchase equipment and materials necessary to maintain an effective program or (b) may contract with individuals or licensed agencies to obtain such services or to assist in providing services under subsection (1) of this section.
(4) The department may contract with any public, private, for-profit, or nonprofit agency or individual to provide home health services through any licensed home health agency created under subsection (2) of this section.
- Health Care Facility Licensure Act, see section 71-401.