Nebraska Revised Statute 81-3436
Organizational practice; certificate of authorization; when required; application; immunity; Secretary of State; registration of trade name or service mark; limitation.
(1) An individual licensed under the Engineers and Architects Regulation Act may practice or offer to practice the profession of architecture or engineering through an organization if the criteria for organizational practice established by the board are met and the organization has been issued a certificate of authorization by the board.
(2) An organization applying for a certificate of authorization shall designate at least one licensed architect as the person in responsible charge of any practice of architecture by the organization and at least one professional engineer as the person in responsible charge of any practice of engineering by the organization. One who renders only occasional professional services for an organization may not be designated as being in responsible charge of the professional activities of an organization under this section.
(3) To obtain a certificate of authorization, a board-approved application shall be filed with the board. The application shall contain the names and license numbers of the individual or individuals designated as in responsible charge and licensed to practice architecture or engineering in Nebraska. Certificates of authorization shall be for a defined period and may be renewed.
(4) An organization shall notify the board of any changes in the status of any individual designated as in responsible charge within thirty days after the effective date of the change.
(5) All technical submissions issued or filed for public record through an organization involving the practice of architecture or engineering shall be sealed in accordance with the act by the licensee who prepared the submissions or under whose direct supervision they were prepared.
(6) An organization is not relieved of responsibility for the conduct or acts of its agents, employees, officers, or partners by reason of its compliance with this section. An individual practicing architecture or engineering is not relieved of responsibility for services performed by reason of employment or any other relationship with an organization holding a certificate of authorization.
(7) The Secretary of State shall not issue a certificate of authority to do business in the state to an applicant or issue a registration of name in the state to an organization which intends to engage in the practice of architecture or engineering unless the board has issued the applicant a certificate of authorization or a letter indicating the eligibility of the applicant to receive a certificate or to register the name.
(8) Except as otherwise authorized in the Engineers and Architects Regulation Act or in the Professional Landscape Architects Act, the Secretary of State shall not register any trade name or service mark which includes the words architect or engineer, or any modification or derivative of such words, in an applicant's firm name or logotype unless the board has issued the applicant a certificate of authorization or a letter indicating the eligibility of the applicant to register the trade name or service mark.
(9) A public service provider or an organization may engage in the practice of architecture or engineering for itself without obtaining a certificate of authorization.
- Professional Landscape Architects Act, see section 81-8,183.01.