Nebraska Revised Statute 81-2229
It is the intent of the Legislature that:
(1) The state establish a statewide system of care management units through the area agencies on aging to aid in the coordination of the delivery of a continuum of services targeted primarily to the state's older population;
(2) The continuum of services include the proper utilization of all available care resources, including community-based services and institutionalization, to ensure that persons are receiving, when reasonably possible, the level of care that best matches their level of need;
(3) The Department of Health and Human Services apply for and implement a Title XIX medicaid waiver as a way to provide care management services to medicaid clients and to control the rising costs of medicaid; and
(4) The Department of Health and Human Services develop a uniform method for data collection by care management units.
- Laws 1987, LB 42, § 1;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 875;
- Laws 2007, LB296, § 766.