Nebraska Revised Statute 81-2124
Electrical installations; subject to inspection.
(1) All new electrical installations for commercial or industrial applications, including installations both inside and outside of the buildings, and for public-use buildings and facilities and any installation at the request of the owner shall be subject to the inspection and enforcement provisions of the State Electrical Act.
(2) All new electrical installations for residential applications in excess of single-family residential applications shall be subject to the inspection and enforcement provisions of the act.
(3) All new electrical installations for single-family residential applications requiring new electrical service equipment shall be subject to the inspection and enforcement provisions of the act.
(4) Existing electrical installations observed during inspection which constitute an electrical hazard shall be subject to the act. Existing installations shall not be deemed to constitute an electrical hazard if the wiring when originally installed was installed in accordance with the electrical code in force at the time of installation and has been maintained in that condition.
- Laws 1975, LB 525, § 24;
- R.S.1943, (1976), § 81-594;
- Laws 1993, LB 193, § 21;
- Laws 2004, LB 914, § 7.