Nebraska Revised Statute 81-2,162.04
Soil conditioner; label; contents; bulk; statement; common name; pesticide; how labeled.
(1) Any packaged soil conditioner distributed in this state, except custom-blended products, shall have placed on or affixed to the package a label stating clearly and conspicuously (a) the net weight or measure of the product, (b) the information required by subdivisions (1)(c) and (d) of section 81-2,162.03, (c) the total percentage of all active ingredients in the soil conditioner, (d) the identification and percentage of each individual active ingredient, (e) the total percentage of the inactive ingredients, (f) the identification and percentage of each individual inactive ingredient which comprises more than two percent of the entire soil conditioner, and (g) under a category entitled other inactive ingredients, the total percentage of the remaining inactive ingredients which individually do not comprise two percent or more of the soil conditioner.
(2) If any soil conditioner is distributed in bulk, a written or printed statement of the weight and the information required by subdivisions (1)(c) and (d) of section 81-2,162.03 and by subdivisions (1)(c) through (g) of this section shall accompany delivery and be supplied to the purchaser.
(3) Whenever a soil conditioner is so comprised as to be recognized by a name commonly understood by ordinary individuals, such name shall be prominently and conspicuously displayed on the label.
(4) Notwithstanding any other provision of the Nebraska Commercial Fertilizer and Soil Conditioner Act, any soil conditioner which is also a pesticide, labeled in conformance with the Pesticide Act, shall be deemed to be labeled in conformance with the Nebraska Commercial Fertilizer and Soil Conditioner Act.
- Laws 1978, LB 692, § 3;
- Laws 1987, LB 24, § 1;
- Laws 1987, LB 201, § 4;
- Laws 1993, LB 588, § 37;
- Laws 2015, LB93, § 2.
- Pesticide Act, see section 2-2622.
"Product" under sections 81-2,162.01 to 81-2,162.07, R.R.S.1943, means the product which is sold in the normal course of business to the ultimate consumer, and consists of the finished product. "Manufacture" means manufacture of the finished product. "Distributes" means distribution of the finished product, and not a mere ingredient. PPG Industries Canada LTD v. Kreuscher, 204 Neb. 220, 281 N.W.2d 762 (1979).