Nebraska Revised Statute 8-601
Director of Banking and Finance; employees; financial institutions; levy of assessment authorized.
The Director of Banking and Finance may employ deputies, examiners, attorneys, and other assistants as may be necessary for the administration of the provisions and purposes of the Credit Union Act, Delayed Deposit Services Licensing Act, Interstate Branching and Merger Act, Interstate Trust Company Office Act, Nebraska Bank Holding Company Act of 1995, Nebraska Banking Act, Nebraska Financial Innovation Act, Nebraska Installment Loan Act, Nebraska Installment Sales Act, Nebraska Money Transmitters Act, Nebraska Trust Company Act, and Residential Mortgage Licensing Act; Chapter 8, articles 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 24, and 25; and Chapter 45, articles 1 and 2. The director may levy upon financial institutions, namely, the banks, trust companies, building and loan associations, savings and loan associations, savings banks, digital asset depositories, and credit unions, organized under the laws of this state, and holding companies, if any, of such financial institutions, an assessment each year based upon the asset size of the financial institution, except that in determining the asset size of a holding company or digital asset depository, the assets of any financial institution or holding company otherwise assessed pursuant to this section and the assets of any nationally chartered financial institution shall be excluded. The assessment for digital asset depositories under the Nebraska Financial Innovation Act shall be in an amount to offset the costs of supervision and administration of the Nebraska Financial Innovation Act. The assessment shall be a sum determined by the director in accordance with section 8-606 and approved by the Governor.
- Laws 1937, c. 20, § 1, p. 128;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 8-701;
- R.S.1943, § 8-601;
- Laws 1955, c. 15, § 1, p. 83;
- Laws 1973, LB 164, § 20;
- Laws 1976, LB 561, § 2;
- Laws 1980, LB 966, § 2;
- Laws 1986, LB 910, § 1;
- Laws 2002, LB 1094, § 6;
- Laws 2003, LB 131, § 7;
- Laws 2007, LB124, § 8;
- Laws 2013, LB616, § 49;
- Laws 2017, LB140, § 135;
- Laws 2021, LB649, § 43.
- Credit Union Act, see section 21-1701.
- Delayed Deposit Services Licensing Act, see section 45-901.
- Interstate Branching and Merger Act, see section 8-2101.
- Interstate Trust Company Office Act, see section 8-2301.
- Nebraska Bank Holding Company Act of 1995, see section 8-908.
- Nebraska Banking Act, see section 8-101.02.
- Nebraska Financial Innovation Act, see section 8-3001.
- Nebraska Installment Loan Act, see section 45-1001.
- Nebraska Installment Sales Act, see section 45-334.
- Nebraska Money Transmitters Act, see section 8-2701.
- Nebraska Trust Company Act, see section 8-201.01.
- Residential Mortgage Licensing Act, see section 45-701.