Nebraska Revised Statute 8-303
Chapter 8 Section 303
Stock; ownership; limit; investment shares; loans.
(1) No person shall hold in his own right, or jointly with others, a total of withdrawal value of investment stock of more than sixty thousand dollars or an amount representing two percent of the total assets of the association, whichever is greater, except that investment shares which, when issued by an association, are within the limits prescribed in this subsection, may continue to be lawfully held irrespective of any shrinkage in the assets of the association.
(2) In any association, borrowing members may hold stock to the amount of sixty thousand dollars or an amount equal to five percent of the assets of the association, whichever amount is greater, except that (a) no borrowing member may hold stock in excess of one hundred thousand dollars unless that association has a reserve fund of at least five percent of the total assets of the association; and (b) if stock held by borrowing members which, when issued by an association, is within the limits prescribed in this subsection, it shall continue to be lawfully held irrespective of any shrinkage in the assets of the association.
(3) Notwithstanding the provision of this section, an association may issue any investment shares and make any loan to borrowing members which is or may be permitted to a federal association doing business in this state.
- Laws 1899, c. 17, § 1, p. 84;
- R.S.1913, § 485;
- Laws 1919, c. 190, tit. V, art. XIX, § 2, p. 724;
- C.S.1922, § 8084;
- C.S.1929, § 8-302;
- Laws 1937, c. 19, § 1, p. 125;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 8-302;
- R.S.1943, § 8-303;
- Laws 1945, c. 9, § 1, p. 106;
- Laws 1953, c. 8, § 1, p. 72;
- Laws 1955, c. 10, § 1, p. 76;
- Laws 1959, c. 21, § 1, p. 147;
- Laws 1969, c. 37, § 1, p. 244.