Nebraska Revised Statute 8-2613
Act; use of credit report or information derived from file; applicability.
The Credit Report Protection Act does not apply to the use of a credit report or any information derived from the file by any of the following:
(1) A person or entity, a subsidiary, affiliate, or agent of that person or entity, an assignee of a financial obligation owing by the consumer or protected consumer to that person or entity, or a prospective assignee of a financial obligation owing by the consumer or protected consumer to that person or entity in conjunction with the proposed purchase of the financial obligation, with which the consumer or protected consumer has or had prior to assignment an account or contract, including a demand deposit account, or to whom the consumer or protected consumer issued a negotiable instrument, for the purposes of reviewing the account or collecting the financial obligation owing for the account, contract, or negotiable instrument. For purposes of this subdivision, reviewing the account includes activities related to account maintenance, monitoring, credit line increases, and account upgrades and enhancements;
(2) A subsidiary, affiliate, agent, assignee, or prospective assignee of a person to whom access has been granted under section 8-2606 for purposes of facilitating the extension of credit or other permissible use;
(3) Any federal, state, or local governmental entity, including, but not limited to, a law enforcement agency, a court, or an agent or assignee of a law enforcement agency or court;
(4) A private collection agency acting under a court order, warrant, or subpoena;
(5) Any person or entity for the purposes of prescreening as provided for by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. 1681, as such act existed on September 1, 2007;
(6) Any person or entity administering a credit file monitoring subscription service to which the consumer or protected consumer has subscribed;
(7) Any person or entity for the purpose of providing a consumer, protected consumer, or representative with a copy of the consumer's or protected consumer's credit report or any other information derived from his or her file upon the consumer's, protected consumer's, or representative's request; and
(8) Any person or entity for use in setting or adjusting a rate, adjusting a claim, or underwriting for insurance purposes.