Nebraska Revised Statute 8-2102
For purposes of the Interstate Branching and Merger Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Bank means a bank as defined in 12 U.S.C. 1813, as such section existed on January 1, 2012;
(2) Department means the Department of Banking and Finance;
(3) Director means the Director of Banking and Finance;
(4) Home state means (a) with respect to a state chartered bank, the state in which the bank is chartered and (b) with respect to a national bank, the state in which the main office of the bank is located;
(5) Home state regulator means, with respect to an out-of-state state chartered bank, the bank supervisory agency of the state in which such bank is chartered;
(6) Host state means a state, other than the home state of a bank, in which the bank maintains, or seeks to establish and maintain, a branch;
(7) Interstate merger transaction means a merger or consolidation of two or more banks, at least one of which is a Nebraska bank and at least one of which is an out-of-state bank, and the conversion of the main office and the branches of any bank involved in such merger or consolidation into branches of the resulting bank;
(8) Nebraska bank means a bank whose home state is Nebraska;
(9) Nebraska state chartered bank means a corporation which is chartered to conduct a bank in this state pursuant to the Nebraska Banking Act;
(10) Out-of-state bank means a bank whose home state is a state other than Nebraska;
(11) Out-of-state state chartered bank means a bank chartered under the laws of any state other than Nebraska;
(12) Resulting bank means a bank that has resulted from an interstate merger transaction under the Interstate Branching and Merger Act; and
(13) State means any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, any territory of the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, the Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Nebraska Banking Act, see section 8-101.02.