Nebraska Revised Statute 79-949
False or fraudulent actions; prohibited acts; refusal to furnish information; violations; penalties; denial of benefits.
(1) Any person who, knowing it to be false or fraudulent, presents or causes to be presented a false or fraudulent claim or benefit application, any false or fraudulent proof in support of such a claim or benefit, or false or fraudulent information which would affect a future claim or benefit application to be paid under the retirement system for the purpose of defrauding or attempting to defraud the retirement system shall be guilty of a Class II misdemeanor. The retirement board shall deny any benefits that it determines are based on false or fraudulent information and shall have a cause of action against the member to recover any benefits already paid on the basis of such information.
(2) Any school employee, member of a school board or board of education, or agent of any employer, who willfully fails or refuses to furnish to the retirement board upon its request and in the manner prescribed by it such information, data, or records, as may be necessary for carrying into effect the School Employees Retirement Act, shall be guilty of a Class V misdemeanor.
- Laws 1945, c. 219, § 54, p. 656;
- R.S.Supp.,1947, § 79-2954;
- Laws 1949, c. 256, § 487, p. 858;
- Laws 1971, LB 987, § 31;
- Laws 1977, LB 39, § 260;
- Laws 1991, LB 549, § 45;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-1553;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 584;
- Laws 1998, LB 1191, § 54.