Nebraska Revised Statute 79-927
Service credit; computation.
(1) The board shall grant service credit pursuant to this section on an annual basis to members who participate during each fiscal year.
(2) For a member who is subject to the wage and hour provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, 29 U.S.C. 201 et seq., as such sections existed on January 1, 2002, service credit shall be calculated as follows:
(a) For each year during which a member provides compensated service to one or more school districts for one thousand or more hours, the member shall be credited one year of service credit; and
(b) For each year during which a member provides less than one thousand hours of compensated service to one or more school districts, the member shall be credited one one-thousandth of a year's service credit for each hour worked.
(3) For a member who is exempt from the wage and hour provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, 29 U.S.C. 201 et seq., as such sections existed on January 1, 2002, service credit shall be calculated as follows:
(a) Full-time service rendered for the regular school year in one or more public schools shall be equivalent to one year's service;
(b) Part-time service in one or more public schools shall be credited as individual years of fractional employment in proportion to the ratio the part-time service bears to the amount of time considered to be full-time service for the plan year; and
(c) If a member is employed for less than the full plan year, the member shall be granted a fractional year of service credit calculated pursuant to subdivision (a) or (b) of this subsection for only that portion of the plan year the member was employed.
(4) The board may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations for the granting of service credit in accordance with this section, but in no case shall more than one year of service be granted for all service in one plan year.
- Laws 1945, c. 219, § 16, p. 644;
- R.S.Supp.,1947, § 79-2916;
- Laws 1949, c. 256, § 450, p. 846;
- Laws 1971, LB 987, § 23;
- Laws 1986, LB 546, § 1;
- Laws 1991, LB 549, § 34;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-1516;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 562;
- Laws 2002, LB 407, § 27.