Nebraska Revised Statute 79-760.01
Academic content standards; State Board of Education; duties.
(1) The State Board of Education shall adopt measurable academic content standards for at least the grade levels required for statewide assessment pursuant to section 79-760.03. The standards shall cover the subject areas of reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies.
(2)(a) The board shall also adopt measurable academic content standards for the following as part of the social studies standards:
(i) Financial literacy; and
(ii) Education on the Holocaust and other acts of genocide as recognized by the Congress of the United States or the United Nations as of January 1, 2022.
(b) The board shall also adopt measurable academic content standards for computer science and technology education under the mathematics, science, or career and technical education standards.
(3) Academic content standards adopted or recommended pursuant to this section shall be sufficiently clear and measurable to be used for testing student performance with respect to mastery of the content described in the state standards.
(4) The State Board of Education shall develop a plan to review and update standards for each subject area every seven years. The state board plan shall include a review of commonly accepted standards adopted by school districts.
- Laws 2000, LB 812, § 2;
- Laws 2007, LB653, § 5;
- Laws 2008, LB1157, § 2;
- Laws 2015, LB525, § 11;
- Laws 2021, LB452, § 6;
- Laws 2022, LB888, § 1;
- Laws 2022, LB1112, § 7.
- Effective Date: July 21, 2022
- Note: The Revisor of Statutes has pursuant to section 49-769 correlated LB888, section 1, with LB1112, section 7, to reflect all amendments.
- Financial Literacy Act, see section 79-3001.