Nebraska Revised Statute 79-720
Multicultural education program; incorporation into curriculum; department; duties.
(1) Each school district, in consultation with the State Department of Education, shall develop for incorporation into all phases of the curriculum of grades kindergarten through twelve a multicultural education program.
(2) The department shall create and distribute recommended multicultural education curriculum guidelines to all school districts. Each district shall create its own multicultural education program based on such recommended guidelines.
(3) The incorporation of the multicultural education program into the curriculum of each district shall not change (a) the number of instructional hours prescribed for elementary and high school students or (b) the number of instructional hours dedicated to the existing curriculum of each district.
- Laws 1992, LB 922, § 2;
- Laws 1993, LB 27, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-4,230;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 394;
- Laws 2011, LB333, § 2.